Spring Meeting & Scion Swap - Sunday, April 25, 2021 - General Meeting 12:00 Noon
- The Spring Meeting of the ONGA will be on April 25, 2021 at the Kingwood Center in Mansfield Ohio located at 900 Park Avenue West. From Interstate 71 turn west on US 30 and drive 7 miles to Trimble Rd. Turn left and go south about a mile to Park Ave W. It is on the north east corner of this intersection.
- Meeting to be held in the Exhibit Hall. The exhibit hall has large windows down the longer sides of the room. Signs will be posted.
- Free Admittance and Parking
Parking is free for those attending the NNGA meeting. Just tell the parking attendent that you are going to the ONGA meeting and they will let you in without paying.
Click below for information about the Kingwood
Center and a map.
- Directors to meet at 10:00 am.
- Face Masks
The Kingwood Center is requiring the use of face masks. We will have plenty of masks available if you do not have one.
- Lunch and the membership meeting will be at 12:00 noon.
- Lunch this year will not be a pot luck. Please bring your own lunch. We will have plates and plasticware. Snack bars, chips, Gatorade, and bottled water will be free for everyone.
- A short members meeting will follow.
- ONGA Auction
Around 1:00 PM we will have our auction with all proceeds going to the ONGA. So, please bring some nutty items with you to auction off.
- Bring any nuts you want entered in the Ohio State Fair and we will make sure they get entered. You need 10 nuts of any one cultivar entered. This is a chance to win bragging rights as well as money.
- Door Prizes
Remember to sign in at the door for a chance to win one of the new EFB immune Hazelnut trees. Two trees will be offered.
- Free Scion Wood for Grafting
Several tables of scion wood will be available free to all attending and if you have any to donate, bring it for the free exchange. Please remember to tag your bundles with the name of the cultivar and the date the wood was gathered.
- Trees for sale
John Kelsey is bringing Hazelnut tree cultivars (EFB immune/resistant), Bob Stehli is bringing superior Chestnut seedlings and Marc Stadler is bringing Pawpaw seedlings. There will also be a few Northern Pecan and Black Walnut seedling trees available.
There will be folding trays, maple syrup, and seedling trees among other items for sale at the Marketplace tables.
- Grafting Demo - There will be a grafting demonstration following the auction.