Spring Meeting & Scion Swap - Sunday, April 25, 2021 - General Meeting 12:00 Noon
- The Spring Meeting of the ONGA will be on April 25, 2021 at the Kingwood Center in Mansfield Ohio located at 900 Park Avenue West. From Interstate 71 turn west on US 30 and drive 7 miles to Trimble Rd. Turn left and go south about a mile to Park Ave W. It is on the north east corner of this intersection.
- Meeting to be held in the Exhibit Hall. The exhibit hall has large windows down the longer sides of the room. Signs will be posted.
- Parking is free for those attending the NNGA meeting. Just tell the parking attendent that you are going to the ONGA meeting and they will let you in without paying.
- Click below for information about the Kingwood
Center and a map.
- Directors to meet at 10:00 am.
- The membership meeting will be at 12:00 noon.
- Lunch this year will not be a pot luck. Please bring your own lunch and table service. Bottled water and coffee will be furnished.
- A short members meeting will follow.
- A grafting demonstration and workshop will follow our 1:00 PM ONGA auction with all proceeds going to the ONGA. So being those nutty items to auction off with you.
- Bring any nuts you want entered in the Ohio State Fair and we will make sure they get entered. You need 10 nuts of any one cultivar entered. This is a chance to win bragging rights as well as money.
- Remember to sign in at the door for a chance to win one of the new EFB immune Hazelnut trees. Two trees will be offered.
- Also, several tables of scion wood will be available free to all attending and if you have any to donate, bring it for the free exchange. Please remember to tag your bundles with the name of the cultivar and the date the wood was gathered.
- John Kelsey is bringing Hazelnut tree cultivars (EFB immune/resistant) to sell. There will also be Northern Pecan and Pawpaw seedling trees available at this meeting.
There will be Bluebird houses, Bat houses, folding trays, maple syrup, and seedling trees among other items for sale at the Marketplace tables.
- Grafting Demo - There will be a grafting demonstration.
- We appreciate everyone's input so please attend.
Click on the map for a more detailed view.